Coating solutions for big particles
All Romaco Innojet solutions for coating big particles are based on the air flow bed technology originally developed and internationally patented by Dr. h.c. Herbert Hüttlin. This method optimises the core processes of the fluidised bed in order to fluidise solid particles. The flow conditions created for this purpose enable extremely gentle distribution of the product. The targeted radial and tangential flow of process air results in a spiral, orbital product flow. This in turn causes the product to hover – and the individual particles float freely without any friction. They can thus be coated rapidly, easily, gently and above all evenly with the liquid coating material. The air flow bed technology combines shorter processing times with excellent, reproducible product quality. All machines in the Romaco Innojet AIRCOATER® and VARIOSCALE® series consequently provide significant benefits compared to conventional drum coating facilities.
- Different nozzle lengths allow scalable dosing of the spray quantity
- Nozzle designed with a spraying gap: the gap length can be varied but the geometry remains constant
- Stable droplet sizes regardless of the spray volume
- Defined break-up zone in the process container results in two counter-rotating air flow beds
- Spray nozzles and container bottom form an innovative functional unit
- Cost efficient solution because spray loss is reduced to a minimum
- Processing times reduced by up to 75% compared to conventional drum coating facilities
- Multilayer coating: seamless sequence of individual spraying steps
- Continuous in-process control ensures reproducible product quality
- Efficient coating of complex geometries as well as products with a hollow structure
- Product filled and emptied without dust or contamination
The AIRCOATER® and VARIOSCALE® series are available as laboratory, pilot or production scale equipment and deployed successfully in the pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries.